YEA! One week to go until the release of The Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan’s already critically acclaimed installment in the newer, more realistic Batman series. The Joker takes a few swings at Batman in this installment, however he’s also taking a few at Fandango. According to them, a large amount of midnight screenings of the film are selling out rampantly across the US. I’m looking at Fandango now, and it’s went from 4 showings that Friday, to a midnight showing which I haven’t heard of in a while at 12:01 Friday morning, now at that and showings that Friday 12:30, 1:00, 1:30, 3:45, 4:15, 5:00, 5:30, 7:00, 7:30, 8:01, 10:10, 10:45, 11:30. At first I didn’t think it was gonna sell THAT well. It looks as if this is gonna be a huge movie. I’m planning on seeing it the 18th at like a noon showing, at first I thought it would be pretty sparse, not too many people in there. Now I’m realizing I better get there early. This movie is going to be huge, and something tells me the fans are gonna like it. Here are some statistics for you-
- 37% of Respondents say they plan to see the movie AT LEAST ONCE during the midnight showings.
- 38% of Respondents say they plan to take a few days or the entire day off from work Friday.
- 60% of them are male. (Please introduce me to the other females that wanna go see Batman early)
- 71% are under 35
- 39% plan to see it in IMAX (I personally just can’t handle IMAX, it’s too much for me)
- 92% of people believe the Academy will honor Heath Ledger with a post humous Oscar Nomination.