You may be wondering, “Sure Earl, I saw your prequel of which films you thought looked best, and what those movies made, and I’m looking forward to seeing your top ten of which ones you think will do best, that and the ones your most looking forward to (for the slow, that was a preview of things to come), but what all is coming out?” To my one of many voices inside my head, I say that I know have that in this convenient lineup.
- Iron Man-Brilliant Inventor Tony Stark uses his superhero suit that he built in captivity to save the world.
- Speed Racer-The little racer that could Speed Racer teams up with Racer X to win the big race.
- What Happens in Vegas…-A man and a woman share an “experience” in Vegas while intoxicated, get married, and when one of them inherits some money, they have to work it out between themselves.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian-The Pevensies head back to Narnia to find that 1000 years have passed, and now they must help Prince Caspian gain his rightful throne.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull-The movie takes place 19 years after The Last Crusade, where Indy must battle the Soviet Union for the Crystal Skull.
- Kung Fu Panda-Jack Black voices a Panda who is taught in the ways of the Ninja.
- You Don’t Mess with Zohan-Adam Sandler plays an Israeli commando who fakes his death to become a hairdresser.
- The Incredible Hulk-In an alternate universe of the bad one, Bruce Banner tries to tame his power while taking on the Abomination.
- Get Smart-Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway play two agents determined to save the world, I guess.
- The Love Guru-Mike Myers plays a role strangely similar to Austin Powers when he is determined to save other’s relationships while managing his own.
- WALL E-After all inhabitants of Earth are gone (think G-rated I Am Legend) WALL E is the last robot on Earth to clean it up.
- Wanted-Morgan Freeman (!), and James McAvoy star in this picture about a fraternity of assassins.
- Hancock-Will Smith plays a homeless superhero. That’s all I need to know. You could have just said Will Smith.
- Meet Dave-This light comedy focuses around little Eddie Murpys inside one big Eddie Murphy. I smell flop.
- Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D-In this movie Brendan Frasier and others…travel to the center of the Earth.
- The Dark Knight-Batman faces the Joker and confronts Harvey Dent in this sequel to Batman Begins.
- Space Chimps-One monkey is called to be the one to save a missing satellite.
- StepBrothers-Will Ferrel and John C. Reily are two stepbrothers who live with their parents. Once again, enough said.
- X Files Sequel-SOmething with aliens.
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor- Brendan Frasier returns to fight the Dragon Emperor…in Asia.
- The Pineapple Express-Two marijuana users (I’m trying to be politically correct) are on the run when they witness a murder. Is anyone else sick of Judd Apatow?
- Tropic Thunder-Ben Stiller, Jack Black, etc. are actors who get abandoned in the Vietnam forests during the shoot of a movie.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars-James, I’m sure you haven’t heard about this one, but it’s an animated Star Wars movie set in the Clone Wars.
I was thinking today, and it’s partially related to James’ Athletes, Not Heroes post, but I was wondering why great games like Psychonauts receive great reviews, are so much fun to play, are an absolute blast, are ignored by the gaming public and thus have low sales numbers, yet big game franchises that get trashed by critics are cranking out sequels before you can finish the first one. Really, I would have stood on the street side and publicized Psychonauts if it meant Tim Schafer would receive the funds to make the sequel. Come on, Psychonauts was a strange game, a little outside the box, but that’s why it was fun, and why it was so clever and fun. While these other games use the same tried and failed formula to make all of their games. I loved Psychonauts, and recommed it to anyone looking for a long and fun gaming experience, and I also recommed that gamers out there research the games that they’re going to buy so we can maybe give the underdogs out there the recognition they deserve. Got a game you wanna see a sequel to that flew under the radar? Let me know.
In an interview with Reggie Fils-Aime for GameTrailers, he said that there would be a big announcement at E3 this year, that they were preparing for a big holiday, one of their best. They will be lining up their content for the rest of this year at E3, which Fils-Aime said “We’re going to have great new content maximizing all of our key franchises, it’s going to be a good second half.” “There’s going to be a big game for the holidays that the gamers will want,” said the former Nintendo VP of sales and marketing. “All I can tell you is that what we announce during E3 is going to be fantastic. The gamers are going to be excited and the expanded audience is going to be excited.” What could it be? Fils-Aime wasn’t this excited for Brawl when he confirmed the supposed release date at last year’s E3! What do you guys think it could be? Could it be a possible Super Smash Bros. DS port? Could it be a secret Legend of Zelda game? The excitement is killing me! Theories like a Pikmin, Star Fox, Kirby, Kid Icarus, and new Zelda rumors are floating. I personally think it’s a Zelda sequel, because they confirmed they were working on the next one right after Twilight Princess was released, which, since this game is coming this year, means that they will have 2 years, which is possible, but I’ll admit unlikely for Nintendo. He said all gamers. Let me know your theories.
Planning on going to a convention next week, I hope to see a flick while there, last year it was Blades of Glory, but this year is a little harder to choose, so I come to you. Should it be the animated comedy Horton Hears A Who, which is a animated but looks hillarious and has gotten great reviews, or 10000 BC, the movie which has gotten awful reviews but has giant mammoth fights! Help me decide.
This summer marks the release of two huge blockbusters, the fourth edition of Indiana Jones, the newest Batman and possibly the darkest yet, The Dark Knight, and the adaptation of Iron Man It’s no doubt a lot of people will go see these movies, but the question arises, which will do better? Indiana Jones has a huge fan base of new and old fans, people that went to the originals will go see it, and it is sure to bring in new fans. Batman’s newest outing may have an unfair advantage with the late Heath Ledger starring as the Joker in his last role, which will bring in a lot more viewers just because he’s in it. Also, Batman fans and nerds alike will flock to see this gritty take on it. That and Morgan Freeman is in it. There has even been talks of Ledger getting an oscar for his role in it. Iron Man could be a little risky, with it being questionable in it’s first run. All three will be successful for sure, but I’m gonna go ahead, put the chips down and say The Dark Knight does best.
The next volume/season of Heroes is set to be titled Villains, in which a copadre of villains arise. And many people wonder what exactly will happen. Until more info is released, here is my theory.
Sylar has his powers back now, so he’s gonna unleash a whole lot of trouble, he’ll kill a whole lot of people and accumulate several powers, bringing him to be an even more unstoppable force. What would be a neat twist would be if he got Molly’s power, heard about Adam, and dug him up and got his invincibility. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen. According to the video I found, Matt might get xed, and I think since Belle isn’t set to return, SYlar got her too. Hiro will probably go on another great journey, and Peter will…be Peter, probably deal with the consequences of Nathan’s shooting. We’ll delve some more into the Company and learn more of their ways and their villains and the secret villains that lay to come.
Any Season 3 news I find out I’ll post here. According to HeroesWIki, Season 3 will premiere on September 8th. Tell me your Villains theory…in comment form!
Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been in conception, theoretically for 6 years. It was one of the reasons I bought a Wii because there were rumors it would be released last summer, and I check up on it weekly with the new updates being added daily. And with reviews started to come in like-
Nintendo Power-Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn’t get any better than this.
Thunderbolt-Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
Gameplayer-Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.
Might I add all but one of the reviewers collected in the aggregate at Metacritic gave it a perfect 100. I am so looking forward to this game, an anticipation I don’t think I’ve ever felt for a game. I loved the 1st and 2nd to death, have even held onto a $50 Best Buy Gift Card I got for Christmas for Brawl! And if you know me, you know I have trouble holding onto money. Extremely positive reviews are coming in daily, and it is only killing me more and more. Our spring break is the week after the Sunday release of Brawl, and I know what I’ll be doing most of the time. I am so excited for this game, possibly the most excited I’ve ever been for a game. I’m gonna go play Melee for a while. Here are a few links to some reviews of the game.
Recently I have started to make a new playlist on Windows Media Player 11, and I need one of you to find a decent music converter for me. James, I know you’re up to the task, and the rest of you can help too. If you don’t care also post a link to the site where you found it. If it meets my requirements, I’ll give you further information. Whoever gets one first wins 2000 Earl points and a trip to Jamaica, well, you’ll get an honorable mention and a link to one of your favorite sites on my blogroll. Please, you’re my last hope, annnnnndddd GO!
This was something I did last fall where I asked you to give me your opinion on which movie I should go see, and ultimately, which review you would rather read. Last time on Part 2 it was between I Am Legend and National Treasure 2, and I ultimately picked NT2, with it being a great movie that I loved. Now there’s a possibility of being able to see Cloverfield, the new blair-witch filming style monster movie, or the comedy tear jerker, The Bucket List, starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson, which I’m already leaning with, and am sure I’ll love. Now give me your opinion, and tell me what I should see. And James, I know this is ahead of ourselves, but if I do go see one of these, I can review it for the Informer. Yahoo Movies is actually recommending Cloverfield.
Hello Readers, this is a new category I was wanting to start where I ask you, the reader to tell me what you think on certain topics. This time I want to know what your favorite video games and movies were your favorite in 2007 and what you’re looking forward to in 2008. Leave a response in comment form, and I’ll let you know my favorites of this year and years past.
In 2006 when I started doing Earl’s Blog Part 1, my favorite Game of the Year was The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last year’s was Super Mario Galaxy, so you could say I’m a Wii-fanboy. My favorite movie of 2006 was The Pursuit of Happyness, and my favorite movie of 2007 was National Treasure 2, although I’d still like to watch I Am Legend and Dan in Real Life on DVD. I am really looking forward to The Dark Knight, Don’t Mess with Zohan, 10000 BC, Prince Caspian, Be Kind Rewind, Cloverfield, Hancock, and more in 2008 as far as movies go. As far as video games go, I will definitely be picking up Super Smash Bros. Brawl as soon as possible, preferrably the day of release. I would like to try out No More Heroes, DAH Big WIlly Unleashed, the Guitar Hero 3 expansion coming out hopefully soon, and a handful of other titles, but mainly Brawl. Let me know what you think, post your favorites, or I’ll have to take away your reading priveleges.